Tuesday, November 6, 2012

[Review] Pure and Sinful

Title: Pure and Sinful
Author: Killian McRae
Date of Publication:
Genre: Fantasy, Paranormal, Romance, Humor, Adult Fiction
Rating: 5/5

Links:

Goodreads 
Amazon

Teaser: (from Goodreads)
When it turns out your ex was actually a sexy demon sent by the devil to seduce you to evil, you'd think the next guy, no matter what he's like, couldn't be a worse decision. Enter Father Marc Angeletti, a smooth talking piece of forbidden fruit with onyx eyes and a razor wit, and Riona Dade may as well start packing her luggage for damnation now. But come Hell or... well, Hell, Marc, Riona, and demigod Dee Zitka have a mission: serve as a Pure Soul and vanquish Lucifer's minion scum from the face of the Earth to protect humanity from evil.

Oh, and don't get seduced into sin yourself, because a fallen Pure Soul is one of Lucifer's biggest thrills. As long as Riona and Marc can keep things professional and north of the sheets, no problem, right?

Yeah, that worked out great in the Thornbirds, too...

Review:
Sassy heroine? Check. Sarcastic male lead? Check. Other-worldly plot? Check. Witty dialogues? Check. Plethora of puns and wisecracks? Definitely check!

I’ve always loved reading witty banters and sarcastic wisecracks. Let’s just say that this book has caught my tickle spot and has made me look like a loony by making me chuckle at odd intervals while I was inside a very public and very crowded cafĂ©. And no, I do not do that often. Well, in public that is.

I expected this book to be an erotica because of the title and the brief synopsis. Don’t ask why. I just assumed. So imagine the surprise I got when I started reading the book and discovered that it was more than what I thought it would be! And let me just say that the surprise was the pleasant kind.

The best thing about this book? Definitely the jarring puns! I just love the deprecating humor used in this novel, coupled with innuendos and references! The humorous puns range from Captain Kirk of Star Trek, to the cup-size of a Kardashian, even up to Adam Lambert and Lady Gaga!

The characters are all endearing in their own ways, too. You just don’t see a witch, a priest and a demi-god joining forces to fight demons everyday! And one other character worthy of mention is Jerry because he’s one cunning bastard. That is all I have to say about the characters because I’m afraid that I might give any spoilers.

If I could describe this novel in one catch-all sentence, I would say that this is like an R-18 version of Charmed meets Buffy the Vampire Slayer on crack. Basically, it’s the Charmed’s triumvirate combined with Buffy the Vampire Slayer’s kick-ass heroine, plus the complicated love line.

Would I want to read this novel again? Definitely! Would I watch out for the next installment if there is one? Abso-fucking-lutely! I highly recommend this book to readers who would like a chuckle or two, and who appreciate unbridled sarcasm from smartass characters.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...