Wednesday, November 21, 2012

[Review] Mr. Real

Title: Mr. Real
Author: Carolyn Crane
Publication Date: October 30, 2012
Genre: Paranormal, Romance, Adult Fiction
Source: ARC
Rating: 4/5

Links:

Goodreads
Amazon
Barnes & Noble

Review:
A steamy romance with seriously lovable characters!

Mr. Real is a real treat for fans of the Paranormal Romance genre! It isn't too heavy and doesn't dwell too much on the mystery aspect of the story, but it makes everything worthwhile come full circle.

Personally, the best thing about this book is Paul Reinhardt. He's an accomplished athlete, a completely virile male and a rising star of professional mixed martial arts fights, but there's also that part of himself which he loathes to an unhealthy degree. It would be safe to say that the author has created a complex yet completely relatable character in Paul.

The heroine - Alix - on the other hand, is a completely different issue. She's stubborn, thick-headed and completely unreasonable. Within the first few chapters of the novel, I wanted to rip my hair off because of her. I mean, come on! If you have your closest friend and the rest of your family reminding you time and again of how much of a problem you are, then there's probably something wrong with you!

However, Alix is also pure-hearted. She is fiercely loyal to a fault and when push comes to shove, she could be counted on to do what's right. I guess, even if she is a little messed up and crazy, she's still a good girl. I admit that I didn't like her at the beginning, but as I read on, she just grew on me.

Oh, and worthy of mention is Sir Kendall, too! He's like James Bond on a completely different level of crazy. Plus, I really appreciated how the narrator allowed glimpses into how Sir Kendall's mind worked. In fact, throughout the story, the narrator gives glimpses of the different perspective of the main characters.

And just as I thought I've already figured how the story would end, a surprise twist involving a super villain is introduced into the storyline! It was awesome and definitely unique all on its own. While I understand that this story is predominantly a Paranormal Romance, the Mystery bit is such a pleasant surprise.

This is actually the first novel of Carolyn Crane that I've read, and I can't wait to read more of her works! I highly recommend this for readers who wish to read a Paranormal Romance novel that's unique and doesn't include the usual slew of paranormal characters (vampires, werewolves, witches, etc.).


- ~ x o O o x ~ -

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...