Friday, October 18, 2013

[Filipino Friday] Kids and Books


What were your favorite books as a kid? 
The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett! It was one of the very first books I've ever read. (The others being Arthur S. Maxwell's Ten Volume of Bible Stories. I also loved reading the Replica Series by Marilyn Kaye. Those were my first taste of Middle-Grade Sci-Fi. And then of course, there's Sleepy Hollow by Washington Irving and my several books of Buffy the Vampire Slayer written by different authors. Hee.

Do you still read children’s books? 
Yes! I just recently finished reading and reviewing Guardians of Tradition, and I have a six-year old little brother so I still read children's books. In fact, my brother has been bugging me to buy new children's books. Haha!

If you would give a book to your younger self, what would it be?
I'd give my younger self The Perks of a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky, along with the message that says, "It's okay to be different. You don't have to conform to how everybody else acts. The people who matter will still love you for who you are." (Which translates to: it's okay being a boyish nerd. haha!)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...