Thursday, December 31, 2015

[Personal Update] Happy New Year!


2015 kicked my ass -- this is probably the most accurate thing to say about my year. It left me badly beaten, sore and completely exhausted most of the time, but it also left lessons. I'd rather not dwell in negatives. I'd rather talk about the highlights of my year.

  • I placed first on my Legal Ethics Comprehensive Exams. Exams were given last December 2014. The results, however, were out by beginning of 2015 only. This is something I really did not expect because I honestly don't think I qualify as someone "ethical". LOL! If you knew me in person, my personality is a far cry from "ethical", or even "formal" for that matter.
  • Atty. Y personally told me that I was his favorite student. You have to understand that this is a compliment of epic proportions. Atty. Y was my teacher in Statutory Construction, Legal Ethics, and Sales. He's like a strict but well-meaning grandfather. Lots of first year law students don't reach the second year because of his subjects. He's scary and strict, but he's fair, and he's a real softy at the core. I've been very vocal to the fact that he is my favorite teacher and mentor, so it was such an honor to be told that he was looking out for me. Thank you so much, sir! 
  • I graduated from law school. This was a big deal for me, and was discussed lengthily HERE.
  • I took the bar exam last November 2015. This was also a very big deal for me. Let's just say it was an experience I would never forget.
  • Kids These Days was traditionally published by Anvil Publishing. Now, I could confidently say that I have a book out in bookstores (under a pen name, of course)!
  • I re-launched my book blog! I was inactive in book blogging for almost two years. This made me miss a lot of bookish events and had a backlog of books I needed to read and review. Hopefully, I can get to work on my backlog within the first three months of 2016.


I'm pretty sure I read more than 36 books in 2015, but I wasn't able to record all of them accurately in my Reading Challenge widget on Goodreads, hence, only 36 books appear. It doesn't really matter even if I did not reach my goal of 50 books though, since I gave myself a much-needed hiatus from reading to focus on my exams. I will definitely read more books in 2016!!

All in all, 2015 was a very challenging year for me. Hopefully, 2016 will have more in store.

Have a prosperous new year!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...