Friday, August 9, 2013

[Linking Up] Feature & Follow #31



Back to school. Create a reading list for the imaginary English Lit class you’ll be teaching this semester.

Hmm... This is hard. 

I was watching the movie Jane Austen's Book Club last night so Jane Austen books came to my mind, but if I were to have a hypothetical class with male teenagers in it, they wouldn't appreciate the books, so I'd discount Jane Austen.

I guess I could always stick to the usual: J.D. Salinger's Catcher in the Rye, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's Sherlock Holmes novels and Harper Lee's How to Kill a Mockingbird.

But I'd like to add a few titles from my own shelf: The Fault in Our Stars by John Green, Courting Greta by Ramsey Hootman and The Mad Scientist's Daughter by Cassandra Rose Clarke. All three books are different. They each tackle a social issue and the characters are engaging.


5 comments:

  1. The Fault in our Stars almost made my list. Great list! new follower GFC. my friday

    http://jennreneeread.blogspot.com/2013/08/feature-and-follow-friday-77.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mix of classics and newbies. I like it. Now also following via LinkyMy FF

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the mix. I have The Fault in our Stars on mine too! I agree with the Jane Austen for the dudes!

    Old follower!

    My FF + Giveaway!

    Amber @Paradise of Pages

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool mix of choices! I like the new with the old! New GFC Follower!

    Check out MY F&F

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think guys should have to read Jane Austen. I had to read a lot of books I didn't like that guys in my classes did, so why shouldn't they have to? Haha!

    Old follower!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...