Friday, June 21, 2013

[Linking Up] Feature & Follow #25


Q: Activity: Favorite Literary Quote

I have quite a handful of quotes I like, but here are a few:

Dash and Lily's Book of Dares:

"Cinderella was such a dork. She left behind her glass slipper at the ball and then went right back to her stepmother's house. It seems to me that she should have worn the glass slipper always, to make herself easier to find. I always hoped that after the prince found Cinderella and they rode away in their magnificent carriage, after a few miles she turned to him and said, "Could you drop me off down the road please? Now that I've finally escaped my life of horrific abuse, I'd like to see something of the world, you know? Maybe backpack across Europe or Asia? I'll catch back up with you later, Prince, once I've found my own way. Thanks for finding me, though! Super-sweet of you. And you can keep the slippers. They'll probably cause bunions if I keep wearing 'em."

Maybe the prince would be relieved. Maybe he was tired of being asked who he was going to marry. Maybe all he wanted to do was go back to his library and read a hundred books, only everyone kept interrupting him, telling him he couldn't ever let himself be alone."


The Fault In Our Stars:
"You don’t get to choose if you get hurt in this world, old man, but you do have some say in who hurts you. I like my choices. I hope she likes hers." (-Augustus Waters)

Once You Go Demon:
“Love doesn't keep to a schedule, and it doesn't respect your time. Sometimes it shows up a year too early, when you have other obligations. Sometimes it comes bumbling through the door to announce to you it had a sweet deal hooked up for you, but it got lost on the way over and now it's gone. And once in a while, and hopefully just once because that's all you really need it to, it shows up right on time, with a dozen roses, and a box of chocolates, just as you're pulling dinner from the oven.”


7 comments:

  1. Great quotes! Added you on Google+ :)

    My FF:
    http://evelinesbooks.blogspot.nl/2013/06/feature-and-follow-friday-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Fault In Ours Stars has so many popular quotes! I haven't read it, but I've seen some sweet quotes from that book :)

    Following via Linky!

    Check out my FF post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great menagerie of quotes! New follower :)

    Katelynn Clark
    www.literarychameleon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That first one is hilarious! They are all great. Old follower.

    Meredith
    Meredith’s Musings

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Dash & Lily - I just read that book this past Christmas. Lily's so cute! I'm so embarrassed I haven't read TFiOS yet. After reading the different quotes from it this week, I know I really really need to asap! :D
    Old Bloglovin' follower :D
    My FF @ Donnie Darko Girl

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...