Monday, June 10, 2013

[Book Review] Claim Me

Title: Claim Me (Stark Trilogy #2)
Author: J. Kenner
Date Published: April 23, 2013
Publisher: Random House - Bantam Dell
Source: ARC
Genre: Contemporary Romance, Erotica
Rating: ★★★ 



Links:
Goodreads
Amazon
Barnes & Noble


About the Book:
For Damien, our obsession is a game. For me, it is fiercely, blindingly, real. 
Damien Stark’s need is palpable—his need for pleasure, his need for control, his need for me. Beautiful and brilliant yet tortured at his core, he is in every way my match.
I have agreed to be his alone, and now I want him to be fully mine. I want us to possess each other beyond the sweetest edge of our ecstasy, into the deepest desires of our souls. To let the fire that burns between us consume us both. 
But there are dark places within Damien that not even our wildest passion can touch. I yearn to know his secrets, yearn for him to surrender to me as I have surrendered to him. But our troubled pasts will either bind us close . . . or shatter us completely. 
Release Me is an erotic romance intended for mature audiences.

Review:
Sizzling, intriguing and pulse-racing! Pick this up already and be Damienized!

Damienized, v. To be needful of Damien, especially in the sense of fucking and dirty talk. See, e.g., Nikki Fairchild.

Picking up from where the first book left off, the agreement between Nikki and Damien is finally down to its last day. With Nikki's portrait completed, there was no longer any reason for the two of them to continue their arrangement, but of course, they both couldn't deny that they didn't want it to end.

In this second book, we see more of the emotional development between Nikki and Damien and how they each deal with things that are out of their control. Especially Damien because he's known to be a little bit of control freak. I love that Damien was humanized in this book. We see another side to the handsome billionaire from Book 1.

The first parts of Book 2 deal with the development of the relationship between Nikki and Damien. I think this was necessary so that the events in the last quarter of the book would have a huge impact. And come on, seeing more of Damien's sweet sincerity as he tried to protect Nikki definitely earned him brownie points.

The writing is both poetic and sensual. I have to say that J. Kenner knows exactly just what to write and how to draw the readers in. I love her writing style! It's an irresistible mix of picturesque words with deep emotional undertones!

The characters are also endearing in a way that they grow on you as you read through the book. When I read the first book, I was honestly in love with Nikki Fairchild (and I'm a girl at that) because she's equal parts balls and vulnerability. However, as soon as I read through the second book, Damien Stark caught me hook, line and sinker! He just earned himself a permanent spot in my Fictional Boyfriends List!

All in all, I think this book is just perfect! Mind you, I've been reading too many contemporary romances lately. It's exhausting to read too many romance novels with too much raunchy details and with little or no whatsoever plot. This one was definitely a cut above the rest!

Oh, and just to end this review, I give you a picture of my Damien Stark:


Um, well, the truth is, my default image for every possessive and dominant Billionaire fictional character in just about very book I read is always Matt Bomer. Hee. (Yes, including Christian Grey and Gideon Cross.)

If you would be interested, I also reviewed Release Me, which is the first book in the Stark Trilogy by J. Kenner.

Oh, and also please watch out for my upcoming review of Complete Me, the last book in the Stark Trilogy series.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...