Friday, May 10, 2013

[Linking Up] Feature and Follow #19



Q: Happy Mother's Day! Who is your favorite mom from fiction?

Honestly, I don't usually pay much attention to mothers in the books that I read. Heh. But if I were to pick a favorite mom, it's a tie between Lily Potter and Mrs. Weasley.

I chose Lily Potter because of the strength of her love for Harry, which was instrumental in keeping him alive, thereby allowing him to fight against Voldermort. And of course, Mrs. Weasley because she reminds me of my Mom at how quirky and strict she can be. 


7 comments:

  1. Awww, everyone is choosing Mrs. Weasley, but I am with you there! Lily Potter, to me, is a better mom than Mrs. Weasley (not that Mrs. Weasey isn't awesome). Lily died for her son! :)

    New Linky follower!

    Check out my FF post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I swear, I'm the only one who forgot to put Mrs. Weasley. *hangs head in shame* Still, she's an awesome mom. New Follower via GFC and Bloglovin.

    Starry Storm

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad Harry Potter has so many great mothers in it. It's questions like these that make you realize how few mothers are present in YA books and how even fewer are great mothers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Technically Lili saved everyone by giving her love to Harry. If Voldemort passed over her house I don't think it would have had the same effect.

    GO LILI!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just stopping by to say Hi! And that you have a new follower here! Hope to see you follow mine as well!

    Amber

    http://paradiseofpages.blogspot.com/2013/05/feature-and-follow-friday-favorite.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lily Potter is also a favourite, just because she showed very unconditional love, sacrificing her life so her son will live.

    My Follow Friday

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...