Tuesday, May 28, 2013

[Book to Movie] The Fault in Our Stars Leads Casted

John Green's The Fault in Our Stars is getting the Hollywood treatment for best-selling books: a movie. And the leads have been officially cast just earlier this month.

Ansel Elgort as Augustus Waters and Shailene Woodley as Hazel Grace Lancaster
Coincidentally, both Ansel Elgort and Shailene Woodley are also co-stars on another book to movie project, Divergent by author Veronica Roth.

Author John Green spoke with Entertainment Weekly and this was what he said about the casting: “Ansel is whip-smart and uber-charismatic and everything I dreamed for Augustus Waters. I am by nature a cautious pessimist, but I’ll just say it: Now that we have Shailene and Ansel, I am completely, unreservedly psyched about this movie.”

Personally, I find Shailene too pretty. I'm curious on how she'll be portraying the sick smartass Hazel Grace. As for Ansel, well, let me just say that he was not what I had in mind of Augustus. I'm pretty doubtful as to the casting because I have never seen either of the leads act in any movie, but I'm giving them a chance. Besides, the movie deal is only in pre-production. Lots of things happen between then and now after all.

I'm also curious about who they'll cast as Peter Van Houten because he's such a peculiar and eccentric character.

Fan-made Augustus Waters pic
featuring Joshua Anthony Brand.
On the other hand, on tumblr-verse, fans of the book push for model Joshua Anthony Brand to be Augustus Waters. Since he's mainly into modeling and has yet to break into acting, I guess that's one thing that definitely did not work in his favor.

I gotta say though, Joshua Anthony Brand depicts a closer image to the Augustus Waters that I had in mind.

And of course, since I'm a huge fan of the book, I'm just going to put my two cents out there by citing the actors who I think, could be perfect for the role of Augustus Waters: Logan Lerman and Freddie Highmore.

My personal choice for Augustus Waters: a tie between Logan Lerman and Freddie Highmore.


1 comment:

  1. Shailene is in that show called The Secret Life of the American Teenager. Her big break came in starring alongside George Clooney in The Descendants. Ansel Elgort has only been in 1 movie so far - the remake of Carrie. That's a pretty awesome twofer for an unknown - Divergent and TFIOS.

    Audrey @ Ink and Page
    http://inkandpage.me

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...