Tuesday, December 24, 2013

[Personal Update] Happy Christmas, Everyone!


I have so many things to be thankful for in my life. I'm so thankful for having a very loving family, a wonderful set of friends and a flourishing book-blogging hobby! haha!

Anyways, I'm here to brag about the books I got this Christmas simply because if you're a book blogger, it's obligatory to brag about the books you've acquired. Hee.

I got a copy of Ngumiti si Andoy from children's book author Xi Zuq! He even signed it and gave me book marks! My little brother was pretty ecstatic when I showed him the book. He added it into his collection of children's illustrated books.

Thank you so much, Xi Zuq! May you write more books that children could enjoy and learn from!

I also got a SIGNED paperback copy of The Real Score from author Kesh Tanglao! *squeeeee* She even included bookmarks, a blue journal and a pen for me to write on. I'll definitely use it, Miss Kesh! Thank you very much!



Napasaya mo rin ako at ang nakababatang kapatid ko, Xi Zuq! Maraming maraming salamat sa'yo at congratulations sa pagkaka-publish ng iyong kwento! (This is also proof that I only suck at speaking Filipino! HAH!)






Thank you, Miss Kesh! Your story rocked! It made me write hate-tweets at 3AM, that was how awesome it was! Don't you ever forget it! And I'm already looking forward to reading Gezellig2! Thank you for letting me read  your story! YOU ROCK!!





Last December 23, 2013, I also got a signed paperback copy of In Over Her Head by author Anne Plaza! She also sent me a postcard, a bookmark and a Japanese Wallpaper journal! =)

Have I ever mentioned I love notebooks and journals? The mere sight and proximity of a clear sheet of paper is comforting to me. Maybe Miss Anne and Miss Kesh share this fetish of mine, too, so they both sent me journals! I love them! Thank you!


And of course, here are the books I got because it's Christmas. I got a paperback copy of Rainbow Rowell's Fangirl from my Secret Pal in class (Thank you, Boss Jeorge!). I also got myself the complete Lord of the Rings set by J.R.R. Tolkien, a paperback copy of Philip Pullman's The Golden Compass, and a paperback copy of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams.

I could definitely say that my Christmas is very merry! How about you? What books did you get this Christmas? ^_^


1 comment:

  1. Wah. I envy you. I didn't receive a single book as a gift this Christmas. :( All my relatives kept saying that I have lots of books already (but you can never have too many books, you get me right?) And woah, I've been looking for the 1st book book of the LoTR trilogy (I own the 2nd & 3rd books) for ages. Sheesh. It feels like it's hiding from me on purpose. Anyway, happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...