Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Start a Blog Meme, Maybe?

What is a Blog Meme?

Based on my personal experience as a blogger (been blogging since 2008 and has changed blogs multiple times), Blog Memes are those posts by bloggers centered around a common and recurring topic, the purpose of which is to foster interaction with fellow bloggers. Blog Memes are usually posted regularly, and some even include blog hops.

Since I run a book blog, the most common Blog Memes I've seen around are:

Stacking the Shelves hosted by Tynga's reviews. In this blog meme, you share the books (ebooks & actual books alike) you've acquired within the week. This blog meme is usually posted during Sundays.

Waiting on Wednesday hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine. In this blog meme, book bloggers share the titles of books that they are looking forward to reading. Most of the books featured in this meme are yet to be released or published. And as the name suggests, this blog meme is posted during Wednesdays and also includes a Blog Hop.

Feature and Follow Friday hosted by Alison Can Read and Parajunkee. This one includes a Blog Hop. This Blog Meme has two-fold features. First, Alison and Parajunkee each feature a book blogger. Second, there is a question that book bloggers who participate in this meme must answer in their own Feature and Follow post. The participants of this meme is also encouraged to follow the featured bloggers by Alison and Parajunkee. I've participated numerous times in this blog meme myself. And it's an interesting way to be able to meet other book bloggers.

Now, I'm thinking of making my own blog meme. Since I can't post regularly due to my ever inconsistent schedule, I'm thinking of having a monthly meme to recall all the books I've read and reviewed within the month.

Hmmm... Still thinking about it though. =)

Anyways, here are the seven books I've read and reviewed for the month of April!

★★★★


★★★

★★★★

★★★★

★★★★

★★★★

★★★★

Oh, and yes, I do have a voracious appetite for reading. Left to my own devices and free from academic responsibilities, I would most likely spend all my time sprawled on my bed with my handy-dandy tablet, devouring my to-be-read pile like a huge bag of Lays. =)


1 comment:

  1. I don't know what I like more, the memes you listed or the books. And I am just like you. I wish I could get paid to read ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...