Friday, March 29, 2013

[Linking Up] Feature & Follow #17



Q: Tell us about the most emotional scene you've 
ever read in a book - and how did you react?

Last night. The book was The Fault In Our Stars by John Green.  The very last part of the book, when Hazel Grace was reading Augustus' letter to Van Houten. 

The very last lines of the letter read: 
"You don’t get to choose if you get hurt in this world, old man, but you do have some say in who hurts you. I like my choices. I hope she likes hers."

I'm still reeling from the book.
I still haven't quite recovered from the feels that I got from the book. I didn't really bawl my eyes out, but it was just the right amount of pain to feel like I've been punched in the gut and left for dead. Still though, I love their beautiful story. This is probably one of the reasons why I love reading YA.


11 comments:

  1. I've heard so much about this book but have yet to read it.

    Old follower!
    http://myloveforfilmsandnovels.blogspot.com/2013/03/feature-follow-19.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really have to pluck up the courage and read this book. I've been shying away from the pain. Terminal illness is close to home. I hope you find something fluffy and fun to read after this to balance the sadness. New follower. You can find my FF at: http://gwynnethwhite.blogspot.com/
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was skeptical about reading this book, too, when I heard that it was about terminal illnesses, but I went ahead anyways... Just to see what the fuss was all about. And I'm pretty glad I did. =)

      Delete
  3. There is so much floating around about this book. I'm going to have to pick this up at some point.
    New follower.
    My FF :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely a great book! Of course, for me reading it resulted in book the punched-in-the-gut feeling and tears. I couldn't help it. But I really loved Augustus. Awww...

    New follower via Linky :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hopping through. The letter at the end of TFIOS is both touching and painful.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have to agree with your choice of book for this - it was mine as well. I was sobbing and a complete mess at the end, but it's one of my favorite books now. So good.

    New follower via GFC :)

    My F&F

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've heard so much about this, but I've just not gotten around to reading it yet!
    I'm a new GFC follower :)
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  8. New follower. I've never even heard about this book before. Well, now I have, I guess. :)
    http://kasi-kcblake.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...