Saturday, February 9, 2013

[Personal Update] Staying Alive

Nope, I still won't be able to post regularly as my midterms are starting on Tuesday up until Friday next week, and there's the Law Night affair after that. And of course, my internship in a law firm - something I haven't gotten around to facilitating. *sigh*

No, I don't like having exams. (Who does?) And nope, I also don't like social functions like Law Night either. This dislike stems from the fact that I am biologically female, and attending such events entail that I put on something 'nice'. By 'nice', I mean a dress, a pair of torture devices heels, and make up. *cringe* But yes, I am still attending such event for the sole reason that teachers give points for attendance.

On a side note, I just splurged on a couple of titles... again. I need to stop straying towards the book store whenever I hit the mall. What little allowance I have is already dwindling. Being a book hoarder doesn't help. And I still have to find a proper attire for that law night.

On a lighter topic, I got the following titles:

Fairy Tale Fail by Mina V. Esguerra.
Phantom in the Night by Sherrilyn Kenyon & Diana Love
Dearly Devoted Dexter by Jeff Lindsay

Mina V. Esguerra is a Filipino author and we happen to exchange emails for her online writing class so I just had to buy her book. She's awesome, by the way.

Sherrilyn Kenyon is a favorite. I always look out for her titles so I couldn't resist buying one of her books at sale price. It was only a hundred pesos!

And Jeff Lindsay's Dearly Devoted Dexter is intriguing. I love reading books about psychopaths, and Dexter fits the bill so I picked it up. Plus, the cover is shiiiiny~!

Now, all I have to do is to hide all my books (physical books and ebooks alike) somewhere I couldn't access for about a week. I get tempted to read just a few pages off a book even though I have to study, and I end up reading the whole book. (This has become a huge problem. Seriously.)

Oh, and I should probably hide my stash of DVDs, copies of Animes and TV series, too. (See you in a week Suits, Once Upon a Time, Nikita, Big Bang Theory, White Collar, Psycho Pass, K, Btooom and Kokoro Connect! *weep*)

I should just live in a cave. *sob*


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...