Monday, December 31, 2012

[Personal Update] Good-bye 2012, Hello 2013

Happy New Year, Everyone~!

As has been my tradition every year, I look back on the year 2012 with warm feelings of nostalgia. Let me recount the events of 2012 which shaped me as a person.

1.) I started this book blog, Book Junkie Joint. I've always liked putting my thoughts into words, especially about things that I love. I happen to love books, so it was such a neat thing for me to finally have a place for my book reviews. Through my book blog, I also got to meet new people, interact with my favorite authors and get free copies of books! How cool is that?

2.) I got a perfect score on my midterms exams on Criminal Procedures and got the highest score on the same subject during the final exams. Law school is a bitch. It's the jealous kind of bitch because I practically can't turn my attention to other things. Acing exams in law school proved to me and my classmates that it's not impossible to actually thrive in law school. It is hard, yes, but not impossible. This was one event in my life that I would never forget. 

3.) I became class president. I'm a huge lazy ass. Given a choice, I would openly shirk away from responsibility and turn my attention to things that I actually enjoy doing. However, during the second semester, I became class president out of sheer coincidence and without being given any choice. I admit that it was an experience I don't want to repeat again, but I learned to manage stuff so I guess, it gave me valuable lessons.

4.) Headlining the debate organization in law school. This year, I and a couple of my friends from College who also go to the same law school as I do, organized a debate organization in law school. Way back in College, I was also part of the debate team. We were Regional Champions in the Philippine Association of State Universities and Colleges Debate Series. And bringing debate into law school was such a great experience. I love debating! It's a welcomed break from the monotony that is law school, and I get to intellectually beat my opponent's ass. Hellz yeah.

5.) The Quinta Tragedy was humbling. Just a week ago, we were hit by the typhoon Quinta. It was during this time that we experienced humbling events such as seeing people helping each other. I guess, the thing is, sometimes we need to experience tragedies to remind us of our vulnerability and to keep our feet on the ground.

6.) Reconnecting with relatives isn't so bad. I am an introvert. I don't like going out and meeting people, even relatives. Just last December, a few relatives from abroad came to visit and spent some time with me and my siblings. It was cool to actually have a big brother in the person of a cousin. I didn't think that I would actually enjoy their company, but I did. I hope to meet them again soon.

7.) I took part in NaNoWriMo for the first time and successfully wrote 50,000 words in 30 days! For me, this is certainly an achievement worth bragging about because despite being so busy with law school and exams last November, I came through and finished on time. 

So far, these were the things that I fondly recall in 2012. I hope 2013 will be a better year for me. =)

Again, Happy New Year, Everyone~!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...